Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Another lazy day. I started in the Office getting some thank you letters sorted for those who gave me money for shoes. During the day I walk around with a summer top on because the sun is shining and I am warm enough. It’s a different matter when the sun goes down around 5.30. Then it can get a tad chilly. But everyone here thinks I am mad because they are all very cold. I walked into the office today to see Sophie wearing a woollen scarf around her head and wrapped in one of the very warm African blankets. In the UK we concentrate on getting our buildings warm and not so much on cooling them down: here it is the reverse.



+Steve and I left the office and made for Bona Bona, a game Lodge about 50kms south on the N12. We went into their Jakkals restaurant, sitting outside on the veranda under the lapa – a thatched roof over an open space. It looks out over a watering hole and we spent our whole meal watching 5 giraffes come one by one to the water and drink. I have seen them in the reserve before but never at the hole. 
We were the only diners there; so I asked them to switch off the background music so that we could enjoy the silence and the sound of birds and insects. It was wonderful. It was good for +Steve too, to get out of the office and relax for a while. He loves the wilderness and told me today that he has a dream to get three 4x4s and go into the Kalahari Desert and get lost! He would be quite safe, he thinks, because there would be three vehicles and if one broke down, they could all pile into the other two! Now, I like an adventure, but that would be a step too far methinks.




1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds a lovely way to have lunch and spend the afternoon.
    Glad you have managed some 'tourist' time!!!
    Might agree about the 'step too far'! xx

    ReplyDelete