Saturday, October 20, 2018

Saturday - 20.10.18


The great joy of Friday was that I managed to complete the Family Day Programme – apart from finding a photo of +Steve. I can’t remember having had it finished so early before. As +Steve had a meeting at 9 about 2 hours away I also got a bit of a lie in. The good news of the day, for him, was that Saturday’s meeting in Cape Town had been relocated to Jo’burg, so Saturday would be a bit easier for him. After work / school I had a swim with Leruo and Ngata in the house pool. It has been good over the years to see them grow in confidence in the water. We always have fun there.

Today, Saturday, I’ve almost had the house to myself. Steve was in Jo’burg, and Brenda went to the family meeting in Mafeking. This was a meeting for anyone who has the surname Diseko – a bit like Scottish clan meetings. Steve and Brenda began the group a couple of years ago, contacting people on social media. It meets once a year and it seems quite strong. This Family, as well as the closer family, were represented last year at the service to celebrate Steve’s 10 years as Bishop. Leruo, almost 16, has gone with Brenda today. I get the feeling that he is beginning to take on adult responsibilities.

On his way back from Jo’burg Steve stopped off at Potch and picked up Letlotlo, their eldest child from the university. She is at the end of her second year of a psychology degree. She is only here for one night this time, but tries to get home every other weekend, from Thursday to Sunday. It is good to see her.

Tomorrow is a busy one for Steve. The Cathedral service starts at 8 and there are over 100 confirmation candidates. Steve always takes his time over the candidates and invites family members to come and stand around the candidate as he confirms them. But it all takes time. I shall be home long before them.

It is hard to believe that I am already half way through my time here. It has taken time to get used to the thinner atmosphere of 5,000 ft above sea level – not something I’ve been particularly conscious of before. In this coming week, I must make the most of each day and do some holiday type things. Not sure what – but no doubt I shall find something.

Hope you all have a blessed weekend.
(Photos playing up again! I think it might be something to do with the strength of the internet signal.)

1 comment:

  1. With the service complete, you will be able to enjoy whatever 'holiday' type things you choose to follow!! xx ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete