Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tuesday - 16.10.18

Travel cards are wonderful things till they don't work! I remembered to bring all the details with me,  so the first time the pin wasn't recognised I checked it and I was 'right'. After another 2 failed attempts, including one in a shop where it has always worked before, it shut down! So I have just had to call the UK to sort it out. When the Access Number and the PIN were changed I have no idea. I'm almost sure I used the card with those numbers last year. But changed they had been, and a very nice lady, having grilled me for details, gave me the new ones. So now I have to go out to a shop and see if they work. I do hope so!

Yesterday was a lazy day. I checked in at the Office and saw the church part of the Diocesan Centre which was only consecrated in February this year. I knew some of the early plans, and am glad that they did not come to fruition. What they have is a kind of half way house and very attractive. It was lovely to see on the altar 2 small square wooden candle holders that I had bought at  Mirfield and given to +Steve for his chapel. One of the workers at Mirfield takes wood from felled trees in the grounds there and makes them into things to sell to raise funds for the Community. Both Kgowe and the Bishop have been to Mirfield, so it is a special link for both of them.

The Diocesan Chapter met here for the Eucharist, breakfast and a business meeting this morning. I joined them for the first two, and then, after a visit into the Office, went into the Mall for lunch with a friend - and I am glad to report my card is now working fine. Lunch with Isaac was good and there was much to catch up on. Now, I'm back home and trying to find a way to download photos onto this blog! Maybe I'll wait for another day.






No comments:

Post a Comment